March Break is just around the corner, and there’s no better place to spend it than in the beautiful town of Rockton, Ontario, Canada. With its breathtaking scenery, rich history, and vibrant culture, Rockton is the perfect destination for families, couples, and solo travelers alike. In this article, we’ll explore the top 10 things to do around Rockton, Ontario, Canada, during the March Break.
Table of Contents
- Visit the Westfield Heritage Village
- Explore the Dundas Valley Conservation Area
- Visit the African Lion Safari
- Take a Tour of the Dundurn Castle
- Go Hiking in the Iroquoia Heights Conservation Area
- Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Take a Stroll at the Waterfront Trail
- Experience the Art Gallery of Hamilton
- Enjoy Ice Skating at the Hamilton Waterfront Outdoor Rink
Rockton, Ontario, is a picturesque town located in the heart of Southern Ontario. With its rolling hills, lush forests, and scenic waterways, it’s the perfect place to spend a relaxing and enjoyable March Break. In this article, we’ll be exploring ten exciting things to do around Rockton, Ontario, Canada, during the March Break.
2. Visit the Westfield Heritage Village
The Westfield Heritage Village is a living history museum that features over 30 historic buildings and over 10,000 artifacts. Visitors can experience what life was like in a 19th-century rural village, complete with costumed interpreters, working artisans, and live demonstrations. The Westfield Heritage Village is open year-round, but March Break is a great time to visit as they have special programs and activities for families.
3. Explore the Dundas Valley Conservation Area
The Dundas Valley Conservation Area is a beautiful natural area that features over 1,200 hectares of forests, meadows, and wetlands. It’s the perfect place for hiking, bird watching, and picnicking. There are over 40 km of trails to explore, and during the March Break, they have special guided hikes and nature programs for families.
4. Visit the African Lion Safari
The African Lion Safari is a unique wildlife park that features over 1,000 exotic animals from around the world. Visitors can take a drive-through safari to see lions, giraffes, rhinos, and more, or they can take a boat cruise to see primates, birds, and other animals up close. During the March Break, they have special shows, tours, and animal encounters for families.
5. Take a Tour of the Dundurn Castle
The Dundurn Castle is a beautiful neoclassical mansion that was built in the mid-19th century. Visitors can take a guided tour of the castle to see the luxurious interiors, beautiful gardens, and historic artifacts. During the March Break, they have special family-friendly tours and programs.
6. Go Hiking in the Iroquoia Heights Conservation Area
The Iroquoia Heights Conservation Area is a stunning natural area that features over 650 hectares of forests, wetlands, and waterfalls. It’s the perfect place for hiking, bird watching, and wildlife viewing. During
7. Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens
The Royal Botanical Gardens is a stunning 2,700-acre garden that features over 1,100 plant species, as well as several greenhouses, nature trails, and wildlife habitats. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore the gardens on their own, taking in the beautiful sights and smells of spring. During the March Break, they have special programs and workshops for families.
8. Take a Stroll at the Waterfront Trail
The Waterfront Trail is a scenic walking and biking trail that follows the shores of Lake Ontario. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the lake and the city skyline, as well as several parks, beaches, and marinas along the way. During the March Break, it’s a great place to take a leisurely stroll or bike ride and enjoy the fresh air.
9. Experience the Art Gallery of Hamilton
The Art Gallery of Hamilton is a stunning gallery that features over 10,000 works of art from around the world, including paintings, sculptures, photographs, and installations. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore the galleries on their own, taking in the beautiful works of art. During the March Break, they have special family-friendly programs and workshops.
10. Enjoy Ice Skating at the Hamilton Waterfront Outdoor Rink
The Hamilton Waterfront Outdoor Rink is a popular destination for ice skating during the winter months. Visitors can enjoy skating on the rink while taking in stunning views of Lake Ontario and the city skyline. During the March Break, they have special family skating sessions and other activities.
Rockton, Ontario, Canada, is a beautiful destination to spend your March Break. With its stunning natural areas, historic sites, and cultural attractions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking to hike, explore, learn, or simply relax, Rockton has it all.
- What is the best time to visit Rockton, Ontario, Canada?
- Rockton is a great destination to visit year-round, but March Break is a particularly popular time due to the special programs and activities.
- What are some other things to do around Rockton besides the ones listed in this article?
- Other popular attractions around Rockton include the Bruce Trail, the Hamilton Farmer’s Market, and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
- Is there public transportation available in Rockton?
- Yes, there are several public transportation options available in Rockton, including buses and trains.
- Are there any accommodations available in Rockton?
- Yes, there are several accommodations available in Rockton, including hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts.
- Is there a fee to visit the attractions listed in this article?
- Yes, there may be admission fees for some of the attractions listed in this article. Please visit their respective websites for more information.